Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Kids And Their Teeth

I hate it when the kids show me they have a loose tooth! Ok, "hate" might be too strong a word. I don't hate it, I just don't like it. It completely grosses me out. I don't know when this started to bother me. I'm certainly not a squimish person, but loose teeth. No.

Today a kid comes up to me and says "Missy, I have a loose tooth, look!" He proceeds to show me a dangling molar. They're obsessed with showing me their falling teeth! I just closed my eyes and said something like "ok...that's nice, thank you".

I can't deal. Maybe it has to do with my hatred of the falling teeth dream. Everyone's had that dream before so you know what I'm talking about. Well, I don't know if everyone FEELS it as much as I do, but my dreams are very vivid and with that comes loads of feelings. So anytime I have a loss of teeth dream, I feel every moment they fall out and the pain. At times it's so intense my teeth will hurt and be sensitive the next day...and no I don't grind my teeth.

So I guess I have a bad association. I can't help it. I get completely grossed out when a kid shows me their loose tooth.

No comments: