Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Life Is...

My life is....what is my life? crazy maybe? unusual.

I got home from work. Picked up the recycling bins because they were blocking a parking space. As I'm taking them to the back, I guess I scared the chickens a bit too much. The little chick somehow flew over the cement fence and landed in my neighbor's yard. Awesome!

So I trespass (there was no one home) and try to get the chick. Picture me, running around my neighbor's backyard with a fishing net trying to catch a c.h.i.c.k.e.n to my mother's voice saying "No lo pises!" I finally grabbed him and look at the pool. There was a bird in the pool. I first thought it was swimming, but I got closer and saw that it was a baby Changa drowning. Grabbed that bird and got out of my neighbor's house.

In my backyard I let the chick go because mother hen was going to attack me. And the baby changa didn't want to let go! I think it drank too much chlorine because other baby changas that I've tried to help just run-bounce-fly away....this one had a good hold around my fingers. I put it on a fallen branch, went inside, started to change into exercise clothes and I managed to put my pants on, backwards.

Backwards! Not inside out...backwards.

No comments: