Monday, September 8, 2008

VMA '08 Snore Fest

I'm sure lots of people saw the VMA's last night. I started watching it. I admit I wanted to see if Britney was going to crash and burn. Don't deny it...that's a big reason why lots of people were watching. Turns out she didn't even perform. Looking back the promos never say that she was going to perform, but it sure was insinuated.

Britney was all normal which was good to see, but 3 VMA's wins for Piece of Me? Ok, then. After it was clear that Britney wasn't performing, I dvr'd the show and went to bed. It's so much better being able to skip over crap. I did enjoy Pink and Christina Aguilera's performances. They both kicked ass, but Pink is looking a little like Tabitha Coffey these days though :)

As far as the hip hop men go...pull your damn pants up! I know, I know...it's the style, the fashion...however, there's no need for me or any other viewer to be seeing your ass or you underwear.

Possibly one of the best parts of the whole show was Russell Brand. To me it seemed the crowd wasn't really getting his style of comedy at first. He was hilarious and saved Paris Hilton. Who knows how long she would've stood there in silence before realizing she was looking at the wrong teleprompter!

Overall, the show was a snore fest for me. I'm glad I dvr'd it and didn't lose any sleep over it.

No comments: