Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Me?....Reading?

I don't consider myself a reader...of books. I do try. I've bought books, start reading them and even if they hold my interest, I'll just put them aside indefinitely. I think it all goes back to being forced to read crappy SRA's in elementary school and the never ending summer readings. I was the type of kid who instead of just reading the book and getting it over with, I would figure out the least amount of chapters I'd have to read per day. That way I didn't spend all day reading and was out and about enjoying the summer. Of course that doesn't make much sense either because a simple book would take me all vacation :) Whatever.

This past month I've read more books than I have in other years. A grand total of 2! I finally finished Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. This book I started, I don't know, more than a year ago. It was just so blah at the beginning so I left it aside. When I finally got halfway, that's when it started to get good. I made myself finish it so I could start reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.

Twilight I had to read. I'd heard and seen how obsessed people were with the book and knew the movie was coming out soon. So I wanted to read it before watching the movie. I finished it in like 3 days. And have joined the obsession thank you very much.

I'm now more than halfway done with New Moon (the 2nd book of the Twilight saga) and have just bought Eclipse (3rd book in the saga). You might ask why I just didn't buy all of them together. Well, that was my plan, but you wouldn't believe how hard it was finding an english paperback copy of Eclipse. I don't want the hardcover books. I'm ok with paperback, but for some reason Borders only had the spanish version in paperback. They finally got some english versions and now Breaking Dawn (4th book in the saga) is the only one I'm missing. I was going to buy it today too, but deja vu! Paperback is only available in spanish. So I'll wait.Italic

Oh and yes, I did see the movie already :)

No comments: