Saturday, August 23, 2008

5k Ready?

Am I ready for the 5k tomorrow?

If this was taking place a couple of months ago, then I would say, "hell yeah!" But as of right now, the answer to that question is, "fuck no!" Oh, I'm still going to go and run as much as I can, but there's no way I can run the whole thing. I've kept exercise as an important part of my life, but recently it's just gotten harder to incorporate. Since work started up again, it's rare that I don't feel exhausted in the afternoons with tons of desire to go running.

I know I have to stop making excuses and just get it done. I intend to fully start up again this coming week with a 5k introduction. What a great way to start! I'll keep bugging "C" to see if she'll join me in on the trails, but I know she won't. I'm hopeful to get her out there at least once a week. We'll see.

The race will be fiiiiine. I don't intend to kill myself and try to run the whole thing. I'll be walking along with the other tired people when I'm out of gas. I have no problem with that.

No comments: