Friday, August 29, 2008

¡TAPON!

¡Que tapon carajo!

I was driving home tonight after my exercise walk and took the same route I always take. I hit traffic at Las Cumbres which struck me as odd since I've never been stuck there before. Sure there's always traffic towards Caguas, but it was almost 7pm...traffic should've been over by then. No.

It took me more than 20 min to get from Las Cumbres to the highway entrance/exit. When I finally make it onto the highway, I see that the newest movable Jersey wall is in effect. I don't know why they put that on the right side of the highway, but it's there. Essentially all they did was temporarily eliminate the emergency shoulder lane. Why?

Ever since the traffic laws have gotten stricter, I've rarely seen anyone attempt a shoulder run. If this is going to be a common thing, then I hope no one has an emergency during that section of the road...because there is no shoulder to stop at and they'll be surrounded by irate PRican drivers. I know this is a long weekend and people are most likely leaving the metro area hence more traffic, but I'm sure this latest wall shifting has something to do with the increase in traffic as well.

No comments: