Saturday, August 30, 2008

Knees a Bugging

I just woke up and my knees hurt. *That's a great sign of getting older* Seriously though, I have a friday tradition with my sister-in-law "A". Well, we've only just started and this was our 2nd friday, but we're still calling it a tradition. After work we go walking nearby. The trail back and forth is almost 5mi and takes us about 2hrs at a moderate pace.

I've noticed that I'm more tired afterwards than when I run. My knees also hurt. They don't hurt at all when I run. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? I've always heard how running is bad for the knees and what not. It's odd. At work I'm typically walking all over the place and going up and down stairs, so it's not like I'm not used to the movements.

Maybe it's because we walk a longer distance at once than what I run.
Maybe it's because we don't stop until we're done.
Maybe I need to stretch more :)

No comments: